Frequently Asked Questions
Click on any question to reveal the answer.
Many schools offer this service for 3 main reasons:
- To save parents time and money. These school supply kits are usually cheaper than if the parents purchase all the items on the supply list on their own. Plus, it usually takes an hour or 2 to accomplish this task. We had parents who told us that sometimes they had to go to several stores to get everything on the list.
- Teachers get the exact items they want. When parents buy from us, we send you the exact items as requested. For example, the teachers may want Expo dry erase markers, but these markers are very expensive in the store, and the parents may end up buying generic brand.
- The parent organization can use this as a fundraiser. Since our school kits typically cost less than purchasing all the items in the store, the parent organization can add dollars to each school supply kit as a fundraiser.
Kits are customized to the teacher's supply list. Kits contain quality products and name brands customized to the grade level supply list. At times, there may be higher cost items (i.e. headphones, flash drives, backpacks) that are not standard in the kit but can be added to the kit for an additional cost.
Kits are shipped throughout the United States. Yes, your school can use this service!!!
Kits are packed in a variety of box sizes so all contents can fit into one box.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented a revised return policy to safeguard our workers and employees. We apologize for any issues our revised policy may cause you.
If your kit is to be shipped directly to your school:
- A refund may be available only up to the Orders Close Date for your school. After orders close, we regretfully cannot issue a refund. Please call our toll-free number at 844-937-5489 ext 0 for any refund inquiry.
If your kit is to be shipped directly to your home:
- You can get a refund before the kit is packed. Once the kit is packed, we regretfully cannot issue a refund. Please call our toll-free number at 844-937-5489 ext 0 for any refund inquiry.
Any representative from your school such as a member from a parent-teacher organization, principal, office staff, or other volunteer can organize this program at your school.
They will contact Bright SchoolKitz directly if the question is order-related. We put our info on all our marketing brochures, so you do not need to field calls during the summer.
The number of kits sold will be lower in your very first year in selling these kits. That’s because parents are not used to purchasing these kits. We usually see a large uptick in sales in the second year. Also, we will remind you to send marketing communications out periodically during the summer. Many of our schools see an increase in sales after each communication. With our ability to keep the online ordering website open throughout the summer, our schools usually see sales increased after switching to us.
No, there is no risk to your school and it is optional for your parents to purchase.
We offer everything from Expo, Bounty, Clorox, Crayola, Elmer’s, and our own Bright brand. Of course, if you want to save money, we can substitute a good quality off brand. There are certain supplies we do not recommend substituting out such as Crayola Crayons. For other products, such as Clorox, Bounty, and Ziploc, we have found quality alternatives for them. Bottom line is whatever brand you prefer, we can provide it!
Yes, each kit has a label with the student’s first name, last name, and his/her grade.
We work with the organizer of each school to pick the best date for orders to be closed. We allow schools to keep their orders open until September, but some schools choose to close the orders earlier.
Parents can take advantage of the early order discount if they place their order before the last day of school.
Yes, after parents put a kit in their shopping cart, they will have an option to add a donation amount toward a low-income student kit. The amount can be $20, $40, or $80. Bright SchoolKitz® will add 20% toward the donation amount, so the donation amount will become $25, $50, and $100. Once orders close, Bright SchoolKitz will pack additional kits totaling the donated amount and add them to your shipment.